RETIREMENT & BEYOND
We’re inviting you, your partner, friends and colleagues to join us for what will most certainly be an interesting seminar to all those that are either approaching their retirement or those already in retirement.
A properly planned retirement should be filled with many days of fun and enjoyment, however there are a multitude of key considerations that can make or break one’s retirement hopes and dreams, and as such we will be addressing a number of these key issues which retirees face.
We’ll be addressing key points and how adviser intervention significantly improves and enhances your retirement outcomes.
FINANCIAL OPTIONS AND KEY CONSIDERATIONS
- Your options at Retirement
– Splitting annuities
– Lump sum options
– Living annuities
– Life Annuities
- Onshore and Offshore investing
- Impact of inflation, a weak rand and a poor economy
FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS …THE HOW
- How to provide for the ever-increasing Cost of Living using different strategies
– Core Income strategy
– Income & Growth strategy
– Bucket Strategy
– Offshore & Cash
- How to provide for those basic costs like
– Municipal charges, electricity and water … all of which rise much faster than inflation
- How to provide for those additional expenses like
– Holidays, medical, car repairs, household repairs … all of which crop up from time to time
- How to provide for an ever-increasing medical aid and additional medical expenses … and is the NHI going to help?
- How to provide for a depreciating rand … which drives expenses (like petrol) up and up
- How adviser intervention benefits client outcomes
FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS …THE WHAT
- What about phasing into retirement
- What if you still need to look after your kids or parents/ in laws
- What about the cost of visiting your kids and grandchildren all over the world
- What about moving to another country … is it viable?
- What about tax and fees – how to minimize the impact
THE PSYCHOLOGICAL & EMOTIONAL ASPECTS
We will end off with a discussion on :
- Anxiety leading up to Retirement
- Concerns over whether you have ‘enough’ or are drawing ‘too much’
- Concerns over your or your partner’s health and how this will impact your plans
- Concerns over the future … the country, tax, the rand, the economy
- Concerns over the future of your family … wherever they may be in the world
Please join us after the presentation for drinks and snacks.
Partners/spouses, friends and colleagues are most welcome – please indicate as such for catering purposes. We have limited space so please confirm as soon as possible.
Contact Lorna to book your spot,
or call 010 245 7109